Paver Cleaning & Maintenance Sunshine Coast
The following steps are simple and will enable you to clean your pavers easily when they are stained:
• Remove all your furniture and plants
• Clear all moss and weed growth
• Spray the area down with a hose to saturate the pavers with water
• Prepare a mild cleaning solution (1 gallon of water to about 16 ounces of dishwashing liquid) and pour it on to a small area of the pavers
• Brush the pavers with a stiff bristle broom or brush to loosen the dirt
• Rinse down the area.
Or you may prefer to use white vinegar instead of the dishwashing liquid and water, but not dark vinegar as this will stain. Let the solution soak into the pavers for about an hour and then scrub down with soap and water.
How to deter weeds, moss and insects
Some simple guidelines to maintain your pavers in good condition are:
• Fill the cracks between pavers with polymeric sand, which hardens when moistened and secures the pavers into a uniform, durable surface
• Keep pavers clear of dirt and debris by sweeping frequently with a broom
• Hose the pavers down regularly, but try to avoid directing the spray into the joints
• Reseal the pavers every two to five years to protect them, using sealant designed for pavers.
Brick pavers look stylish and resist stains, but break more easily than concrete under stress from the weather or heavy traffic
For brick pavers, chlorine bleach should be used. Mix a solution of one part chlorine bleach with nine parts water and spray it onto the pavers. Leave for about 10 minutes, and then scrub the area with a long-handled brush and rinse well with a hose. The same rules for maintenance apply — fill in the cracks, sweep and hose down regularly, and keep the area clear of weeds and moss.
For an inspirational, innovative creative garden you and your family can be comfortable in and proud of, contact Designer Garden Landscapes
If you are on the Sunshine Coast, for expert advice or assistance in upgrading pavers, talk to Daryn Miller of award-winning Designer Garden Landscapes in Glenview. Daryn is a fully licensed structural landscaper and has been working in the industry since 1989. He excels in borders, decking and retaining walls, turfing and irrigation, pergolas and recreation areas — and in fact everything to do with great landscaping.